Here comes the sun(flower) for a crafting experience you won’t forget! This month’s kit has so much in store—elegant watercolor designs hand-crafted by our in-house artists, TWO Classic Stampin’ Spots for a Two-Step stamping experience, and the new twist technique. Just stamp the flower, turn, and stamp again for a fuller and more detailed floral image! Don’t forget the Gold Foil Honeycomb Sheets as a FREE gift that will add a golden touch to your projects! We can’t wait to see what you’ll create!
Check out the unboxing video now!
The Sweet Sunflowers Paper Pumpkin Kit includes 9 patterned cards bases—3 each of 3 designs—and coordinating patterned envelopes; the Sweet Sunflowers Photopolymer Stamp Set; 1 Crushed Curry Classic Stampin’ Spot; 1 Soft Suede Classic Stampin’ Spot; precut paper pieces and die-cut labels; Specialty Vellum honeycomb shape precut pieces; printed laser-cut layering pieces; adhesive dots; and Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Coordinating Stampin’ Up! colors: Blackberry Bliss, Crushed Curry, Evening Evergreen, Melon Mambo, Mossy Meadow, Night of Navy, Pumpkin Pie, Soft Suede
This month’s kit also includes a FREE gift: 8 Gold Foil Honeycomb Sheets to make all your projects shine!
We’ve got a few ideas on how you can create gorgeous alternate cards. Get inspired by different ways you can use the Sweet Sunflowers Kit to uplift your friends and family! For more inspiration, make your way to our Pinterest profile to see more projects!
Wishing You So Much Happiness
- Use the pink and yellow watercolor card base from the August Paper Pumpkin Kit. Flip it over so that the side without the printed design is now the front of your card. The card will be 3-1/4" x 5-1/2" (8.3 x 14 cm).
- On two precut sunflower pieces, stamp the sunflower petals in Crushed Curry. Use the Twist technique to stamp, turn, and stamp again for added dimension. Stamp the center of the sunflower in Soft Suede.
- Stamp the sentiment in Soft Suede on the reverse side of a precut label.
- On the front of the card, arrange the two sunflowers and three floral stem precut pieces. Before adhering, stamp a few leaves in Soft Suede directly onto the card front so that they stick out of your paper arrangement. Layer the floral stem pieces and adhere. Then using dimensionals, adhere the sunflowers and a couple cute bumblebees.
- For the final touch, use dimensionsals to adhere the label with the sentiment.
Supplies: Sweet Sunflowers Paper Pumpkin Kit
For a One-of-a Kind Friend
- Create a 3-1/4" x 5-1/2" (8.3 x 14 cm) card base using Flirty Flamingo Cardstock.
- Use the 3" x 3" (7.6 x 7.6 cm) square die from the Stylish Shapes Dies to cut out a piece of Basic White Cardstock. Stamp the floral image (with the letter at the center) from the Full of Love Stamp Set onto the square piece in black Memento Ink. Color the flowers and leaves using Stampin Blends—Calypso Coral, Old Olive, Polished Pink, and Poppy Parade.
- Stamp the same image on a piece of Masking Paper and fussy cut to create a mask. Place over the colored stamp image (make sure it’s dry). Place the Specialty Vellum honeycomb precut piece from the August Paper Pumpkin Kit over the mask so it covers the square piece. This will act as a stencil.
- Using one of the Blending Brushes, gently brush over the stencil in Polished Pink. Add more ink toward the center and less ink toward the corners to create an ombre effect. Once dry, peel off the stencil and mask.
- Cut a 1-1/8" x 1-1/4" (2.9 x 3.2 cm) piece of Basic White Cardstock. Stamp the sentiment from the Sweet Sunflowers Photopolymer Stamp Set in Polished Pink. Adhere to the center of the floral image using dimensionals.
- Stamp a bee in black Memento Ink from the same stamp set. Color the image using Stampin’ Blends Daffodil Delight, fussy cut it, and adhere to the top right corner of the sentiment.
- Tie a piece of the Sweet Sorbet Baker’s Twine (from the 2022–2024 In Color Baker’s Twine Pack) around the center of the card base and tie a bow to the right of the card.
- On top of the twine, adhere the 3" x 3" (7.6 x 7.6 cm) square piece onto the card base using dimensionals to complete the look!
Supplies: Sweet Sunflowers Paper Pumpkin Kit; Full of Love Stamp Set; Polished Pink Classic Stampin’ Pad; Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad; Stampin’ Blends Combo Pack: Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Polished Pink, Poppy Parade; Basic White Cardstock; Flirty Flamingo Cardstock; Masking Paper; 2022–2024 In Color Baker’s Twine Pack; Fun Flowers Resin Shapes; Stampin’ Dimensionals; Stylish Shapes Dies; Blending Brushes.
Thank You Box
- Cut a piece of Old Olive Cardstock to 5" x 6" (12.7 x 15.2 cm) and score at 1" (2.5 cm) on each side to create a box base. Cut the sides to create tabs, then adhere them to make a box.
- Repeat step 1 to create a box lid.
- Stamp a sunflower from the August Paper Pumpkin kit in Rich Razzleberry ink. Press the closed lid of the Rich Razzleberry Classic Stampin’ Pad to create a pool of ink in the lid. Use a Blender Pen to pick up the ink and color the image using the inked Blender Pen and the Rich Razzleberry Stampin’ Blends marker.
- Stamp the leaves from the Sweet Sunflowers Photopolymer Stamp Set in Old Olive ink. Press the closed lid of the Old Olive Classic Stampin’ Pad to create a pool of ink in the lid, then use a Blender Pen to pick up the ink and color the image.
- Cut the sunflower and the leaves using Paper Snips.
- Cut a 5" x 6" (12.7 x 15.2 cm) piece of Gold Foil Honeycomb Sheet and adhere to the box lid.
- On a piece of Mossy Meadow Cardstock, stamp the sentiment from the Blessings of Home Stamp Set in VersaMark ink, then emboss using white embossing powder and the Heat Tool.
- Adhere the leaves and sunflower to your box lid.
Supplies: Sweet Sunflowers Paper Pumpkin Kit; Blessings of Home Stamp Set; Old Olive and Rich Razzleberry Classic Stampin’ Pads; Versamark Pad; Basic White, Mossy Meadow, and Old Olive Cardstock; Blender Pens; Basics Stampin’ Emboss Powder; Stampin’ Dimensionals
We’ve selected a handful of products that coordinate perfectly with this month’s kit! They align beautifully with the project samples shown above and can easily be found in our online store—all in one place.
Click here to shop our coordinating products!
Celebrating In Color Past Kit
Create magic with the 2022–2024 In Colors with the May Paper Pumpkin Past Kit! With vivid pops of green and red and a range of blues, these colors are perfect for fun festivities. Send your best wishes or happy moments with its large bold lettering and gorgeous gold foil details. Plus, you can also send gift cards with the included coordinating gift card holders!
Discounted products are available to current subscribers only and are while supplies last – don’t miss out!
Coming Next Month
Get your Halloween crafting on with next month’s Paper Pumpkin Kit. Get everything you need for cute spooky-themed crafts, we promise it’ll be love at first bite!
The subscription period for August’s kit is between 11 August and 10 September. Click here to subscribe!
Monthly Stamp Set Case Insert
Did you know that we provide a printable stamp set case insert each month to help you store and organize your Paper Pumpkin stamp set and leftover supplies? Click here to download and print!
Demonstrator Alternate Uses
In addition to the alternate projects created by our Stampin’ Up! concept artists, each month we showcase a few projects from independent Stampin’ Up! demonstrators. Keep reading to see their alternate projects of this month’s Sweet Sunflowers Paper Pumpkin kit!